As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if a reader clicks on a link or an image of the product, we may receive a commission. There is no additional cost to you — it helps pay for hosting and server costs. And it does not affect the quality of the content, as we always recommend our readers the best sources.
In Fitbit’s smartwatch family, you have choices between Fitbit Sense vs Versa 3.
Both Sense and Versa 3 have a solid likeness, but there are main contrasts.
The Sense model is the brand’s wellness wearable, and it comes with skin temperature sensing, stress managing, as well as electrocardiogram (ECG).
Meanwhile, the Fitbit Versa 3 product unit does not feature these attributes and highlights yet boasts GPS, SpO2, aside from any Fitbit monitoring that you would anticipate. Basically, it is the Fitbit Sense smartwatch without the new attractive additional features.
Then, in case you want to catch hold of how they compare, continue reading right below.
Specifications in comparison
At a quick look
Fitbit Versa 3 Health & Fitness Smartwatch
- Run, bike, hike and more phone-free and see your real-time pace & distance with built-in GPS. Then check out your workout intensity map in the Fitbit app
- Active Zone Minutes uses your resting heart rate to gauge exercise effort and gives you a buzz when you step up the intensity so you can make the most of your workouts.Maximum operating altitude: 28,000 ft
- Better track heart rate 24x7 with PurePulse 2.0, Fitbit’s enhanced heart rate technology. Operating temperature: -4° to 140° F
- See your nightly blood oxygen levels at a glance with our collection of SpO2 clock faces. Then use the Fitbit app to track your trends over time in the Health Metrics dashboard to see when there may be indications of important changes in your wellness
- Use Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa Built-in to get quick news, set bedtime reminders and alarms, control your smart home devices and more just by speaking to your watch
This product unit does not come with the EDA (Electrodermal Activity) sensor & ECG tracker, but it may cater to many of your needs. There are voice assistance choices, enhanced heart rate tracking, Active Zone Minutes, a convenient integrated mic & speaker for phone taking using your smartwatch, apart from integrated GPS.
- Mic and speaker
- Over six days of battery life
- Alexa and Google Assistant integrated
- Enhanced heart rate tracking
- Integrated GPS
- Does not feature an EDA sensor and ECG tracker.
Fitbit Sense Advanced Smartwatch
- EDA Scan app detects electrodermal activity which may indicate your body's response to stress and a built-in skin temperature sensor logs yours each night so you can see when it varies
- Assess your heart for atrial fibrillation –a heart rhythm irregularity- and easily share results with your doctor (The Fitbit ECG app is only available in select countries. Not intended for use by people under 22 years old.
- An on-wrist skin temperature sensor tracks yours each night so you can see how it varies. You can also see your nightly blood oxygen levels at a glance with our collection of clock faces.Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 5.0.Operating temperature: -10° to 45° C
- High & low heart rate notifications alert you if yours seems above or below your average.Battery lasts 6 plus days plus, fast charging gives you a full day's charge in just 12 minutes (Varies with use and other factors; up to 12 hours with continuous GPS).Use built-in GPS during runs, hikes, rides and more to see pace & distance without your phone and use the built-in mic and speaker to take Bluetooth calls hands-free when your phone is nearby (Requires more frequent charging).
In case you need to keep track of your wellness with inside and out information, the high chance is that you find this model has all you require. It comes with an enhanced heart rate sensor, EDA sensor, and ECG tracker that give critical insights regarding your health. You will have the option to keep tabs on your progress & carry out improvements.
- Mic and speaker
- Over six days of battery life
- EDA sensor and ECG tracker
- Detailed skin temperature sensor
- Alexa and Google Assistant integrated
- Enhanced heart rate tracking
- Integrated GPS
- Free six-month Fitbit Premium trial
- Quite costly
- The Fitbit ECG application is just accessible in select countries: the U.S, the U.K, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Ireland, Romania, Portugal, Belgium, Poland, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Sweden, the Netherlands, Austria, Luxembourg, Hong Kong, & India.
Fitbit Sense vs Versa 3: A closer comparison
Prior to diving into the specifics of what the two product units are capable of, we should address their price.
You are paying more in case you opt for the Fitbit Sense advanced smartwatch instead of the Versa 3 health and fitness wearable.
It is additionally imperative to mention that the two gadgets provide you with a free trial of Fitbit Premium, which comes at several dollars per month following the trial’s completion. The Sense will give you free six-month trials while it is three months for the Versa 3’s Premium trial. As far as we know, Fitbit Premium is playing a more significant part with these wristwear devices from the brand.
Precisely what would you pay more for? Let’s find out in the following sections.
2. Construction and weight
The overall visual design utilized for the Versa 3 and the Sense watch is close to indistinguishable.
Where the Fitbit Ionic Watch, the brand’s debut smart wrist-based wearable, had a more angular appearance, the Versa smartwatch’s less sizable case & milder bends provided it with a generally more appealing quality. Thus, it is nothing unexpected that the brand is adhering to that equivalent formula.
- Start dynamic, personalized workouts on your wrist with step by step coaching. Synchronizing range: up to 30 feet. Certain features like smartphone notifications may require android 5.0 plus. Syncs with Mac OS x 10.6 and up, iPhone 4s and later, iPad 3 Jan. And later, android 4.4 and later and windows 10 devices
- Store and play 300 plus songs, and download playlists from Pandora. If the band sizes are small, it fits a wrist of circumference 5.5 6.5 inches and if the band size is large, it fits a wrist in circumference of 6.7 8.1 inches
- Use built in GPs to track pace, distance & routes and get pure, pulse continuous heart rate tracking & real time zones
- The package includes both large and small size bands for the perfect, comfortable fit for all day & all night wear
- Access your favorite apps for sports, weather & more and make payments on the go with a built in NFC chip. Durable screen corning gorilla glass 3 is tough and damage resistant
Regarding product measurements, both smartwatches have the same dimensions of 1.59 inches x 1.59 inches x 0.49 inches, which makes them somewhat thicker in comparison with the Fitbit Versa 2 model.
Likewise, they both have a screen at 1.58 inches with a pixel resolution of 336 x 336 to have a quick, clear look at the information. Please keep in mind that the Sense watch is somehow less lightweight owing to the EDA and ECG sensors.
When it comes to colors, the Fitbit Sense wearable is accessible in white with a delicate gold tempered steel case or carbon with graphite hardened steel case. Meanwhile, the Versa 3 model boasts three distinct appearances. A blue band with a gold Al case, a dark band with a dark Al case, as well a midnight blue band with delicate gold Al case.
As you can see, the materials used to make these timepieces are not the same, and it appears to be likely that the hardened steel utilization on the Fitbit Sense smartwatch has to do with the extra sensors it contains.
What is more? There will presumably be a lot of the 3rd party applications getting along with the two product units as well.
Speaking of water resistance, you can see there is no difference between the two.
The two models have a 5ATM water-resistant rating; that is why they are suitable for swimming with as deep as fifty meters of water. This likewise implies you do not need to remove them before you enjoy the shower.
3. Health monitoring
As you can notice, both products are close to indistinguishable regarding construction. But when it comes to health tracking capability, you can genuinely figure out the significant contrasts.
Because the Fitbit Sense model is the brand’s wellness wearable device, you would hope for something else in the approach to what this watch can keep tabs on other than sleep & steps.
We should look at the sensor, to begin with.
The two gadgets come with the brand’s most recent heart rate technology – PurePulse 2.0. This technology should deliver more excellent heart rate monitoring accuracy compared to earlier Fitbit gadgets.
Furthermore, while these smartwatches are capable of checking out your body temperature, please bear in mind that the information will just be accessible to Fitbit Premium subscribers.
That is not all; the two gadgets feature the SpO2 sensor; it should allow you to look at your night’s oxygen saturation range out of your sleep information. It is also worth noting that if you are Premium subscribers, there are blood oxygen trends for you to be most current about.
Women’s cycle monitoring is available, and you have the choice to see the main bits of knowledge on the actual watch and the inside of the compatible cell phone application.
The Fitbit Sense’s wellness attributes
Specifically, how about Fitbit Sense vs Versa 3 in this light? The Sense product unit boasts key health attributes. Better yet, it boasts the ECG application, bringing the capability of taking clinical-level pulse readings to assist in identifying signs related to atrial fibrillation and whatnot.
The Fitbit Sense leverages the Photoplethysmography (PPG) sensor to provide low & high pulse alerts in case your beats per minute (BPM) decrease or increase pointedly when at rest.
What is more? This watch features a stress-centered EDA Scan application. At the point when you put your palm over the wearable, it will identify minor electrical changes in your skin’s perspiration level to check your body’s reaction to stress,
Likewise, the Sense device works to find out other different stress indications and create a Stress Score. It indeed utilizes a large group of information, including a set of questions on your feelings to gauge physiological stress indications. Above all, there are guided breathing techniques & meditations to assist you with getting rid of your negative emotions.
All in all, in case advanced sensors & wellness tracking attributes are what you prioritize, the Fitbit Sense smartwatch should be your best bet.
4. Fitness & sports monitoring
Both manage to cover every minute of everyday step, sleep, & pulse monitoring, aside from featuring a respectable number of sports monitoring attributes.
You may also love that these two wrist-worn wearables feature an accelerometer to keep tabs on your running on the treadmill & other indoor workout activities and to monitor steps as well.
Sleep monitoring is one of the most fantastic monitoring attributes from brands. And what is remarkable is, the two gadgets manage to give bits of knowledge on sleep stages & the Sleep Score so that you can all the more likely comprehend your general sleep condition. Again, they will utilize the practical SpO2 sensor for blood oxygen in your sleeping process.
Best yet, as Fitbit Versa 3 and the Sense are equipped with the brand’s advanced PurePulse 2.0 pulse sensor innovation, you can expect enhanced accuracy from the sensor introduced earlier.
That is useful for persistent pulse tracking, doing exercise in pulse zones, as well as checking AZM. Additionally, with unlocked exercise intensity maps, you will be able to look at the most intense sections of a bike riding route or something.
It is worth mentioning that the outside monitoring is even more excellent thanks to integrated GPS & Global Navigation Satellite System support. How about swim monitoring (pool only)? The good news is, it is accessible on the two models.
Likewise, you may like the available altimeter for keeping tabs on elevation, and auto workout identification for various exercises helps boost more than twenty workout modes.
Overall, with regards to sports & fitness monitoring, Fitbit Sense vs Versa 3 = A draw.
5. Smartwatch attributes
Similar to fitness & sports monitoring, both product units provide you with an indistinguishable UX when you delve into their smartwatch attributes & highlights.
They are compatible with iPhones & Android phones alike, so you can download watch faces & applications, see phone notifications, pay your bills, and whatnot, utilizing Fitbit Pay, as well as store & play music.
What is more? These two wearable devices provide a digital assistant in Google Assistant or Amazon’s Alexa. For your information, the Google Assistant form is presently accessible and increasingly popular in America.
That is not all; both have the integrated speaker & mic, enabling you to manage calls from the smartwatch. In case you do not know, that attribute has been smoothly accessible because of the meaningful, newer Fitbit OS 5.1. Please bear in mind that it just works if you are in the nearness of your wrist watch because it depends on being in Bluetooth connectivity.
As a bonus, Android phone users have the option to get back to text messages through voice.
On top of that, the microphone is practical in terms of intelligent assistant support. The brand throws Google Assistant in the mix with Alexa so that you can select between them to manage your inquiries & questions.
6. Battery life
Not to sound highly repetitive, yet rather once more, you can anticipate something very similar when it comes to battery life. This brand’s intelligent timepieces have been excellent so far with how long their battery lasts, and it is business as usual on the Fitbit Sense and the Versa 3.
The company guarantees more than six days of battery life, relying upon your product use. Having the always-on screen mode & utilizing attributes and highlights such as consistent pulse tracking will affect the smartwatch’s staying power.
Above all, the brand’s newer quick charging innovation is ready on the two gadgets, which should allow you to enjoy a whole day of battery from simply a quick charge (about twelve minutes).
Except for in-depth wellness insights, both models are indeed comparable. You can find similarities regardless of whether you are discussing what they look like, the way they monitor your fitness, or anything else.
It is the health monitoring that genuinely makes them different.
We recommend picking the Sense Advanced Smartwatch in case you need the most information concerning your health.
This product unit’s EDA & detailed temperature sensors added are unmatched, and the ECG sensor that it features functions admirably as well. Since you have a closer look at your wellness, the model possesses all the necessary qualities. However, keep in mind that some additional bits of knowledge into breathing rate & heart rate variability need a Premium subscription.
Yet, be that as it may, opt for the Versa 3 watch in case you are okay with the enhanced smartwatch attributes & highlights, GPS added, and the heart rate sensor. This wearable will be a solid selection by and by. Furthermore, it offers great things at a lower price than many other competitors, such as Galaxy Watch 3 from Samsung & Apple Watch SE.
It is worth addressing that the sleep monitoring is incredible, and the blood oxygen information is pretty much as great as you will discover on any smart timepiece. On the one hand, the Fitbit Versa 3 model is not exactly the health information powerhouse like the Sense unit. On the other hand, you cannot go wrong with its fitness monitoring – as you would anticipate from a Fitbit.